- You can safely use a tissue, paper towel or cloth to wipe down the window. To remove stubborn dirt, you can wipe the window with a cloth dampened with a soap solution. Squeeze out excess liquid before wiping with the damp cloth.
- Cleaning agents like glass cleaners and anti-bacterial wipes may be used without harming the sensor. However, as with most plastic material, the housing of the unit may be damaged if strong solvents, acids or caustic solutions are used.
- Do not pour liquids directly onto the sensor or device, as the liquid might seep into the underlying components and cause damage.
Apply the sticky side of a piece of adhesive cellophane tape on the window and peel it away. If necessary, gently wipe the window with a cloth (not paper) dampened with a mild ammonia-based glass cleaner to remove any milky haze.
NEVER DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Clean the reader window with paper.
- Pour glass cleaner directly on the reader window.
- Use alcohol-based cleaners.
- Submerge the reader in liquid.