You can send Welcome and Thank You emails to customer directly from SalonTouch. Please note that the email functionality depends on your email provider or Internet Service Provider (ISP). In some cases this email functionality may be blocked or hindered by your email provider and may not work. In this case SalonTouch will not be able to send these emails.
You must obtain the following from your email or ISP provider:
- SMTP Server name
- SMTP Port
- User login name for that email you are using
- User password for that email you are using
- The security method that will be used. SalonTouch supports SSL, SMTP, and Direct Send. TLS is not supported.
Often this information is available from your email providers support website or by calling them.
Configuring SalonTouch to send Emails
- Go to Setup > Salon Info and go to the third tab (Sending Emails)
- Put in all the required settings
- Use the Send Test button to send a test email. You can enter your own email in the box
- If everything works proceed to the following
Composing email messages
- Go to Setup --> Options and go to the fourth tab (Option 4)
- Under option #49 and #50 type in the message you want the client to see.
- Click Save when finished
SalonTouch can now automatically:
Send an email after a client tans, thanking them for visiting your salon. Also listed within the email is a list of their current tanning packages.
- Send an email to new clients after a new client has been added with a home email account
You email provider must support SMTP traffic.
SalonTouch Evolution does not support TLS security. The mail provider must support SSL security for secured connections. You are able to use no connection security, but this is not advised.
Free email providers have a limit on the number of SMTP emails you can send per-hour or day to prevent spam. Once this limit is reached your email sending will just stop working.
- Firewalls and Antivirus programs can block SalonTouch's Internet access. You would need to add exceptions in the anti-virus and/or firewall for c:\SalonTouch\SalonTouch.exe.