Sometimes a client will purchase an session or point based package and then ask if they can use the remaining value for a different service. This is very common as tanning salons are expanding to other salon services as the industry changes.
You will first assign the service's sessions as having a value. This can be as simple as dividing the purchase price by the number of sessions.
- Click on Setup.
- Click on Tan Services.
- Click on the service you want to update. The example below is a 3 session massage service that sells for $150.00.
- In the Transfer value per session field enter the amount that you want the service session to be valued at.
- Click Save.
This will affect all services purchased in the future. It will not affect current services owned by clients. Clients who already have this package will have to manually updated on an individual basis.
Second, you will need to allow transfer values to be used for services and/or products.
- Click Setup.
- Click Register.
- On the right side of the window there will be a section for allowing Transfer Values to be used. You are able to decide if the service Transfer Value will be able to be used for Products and/or Services.
- Click Save.
You will now be able to use the Transfer Value option at the register.
- Pull up the client in the register.
- Choose the item that you are going to be selling. In our example, the client will be buying a Complete Spray Treatment for the Versa Spa.
- Click Tender.
If the client owns a service with a transfer value assigned, there will be a payment option at the register to pay for the service being purchased.
Click Transfer Value.
In the window that appears, you can enter the number of sessions that you are going to use.
In the example above we had used the Windows calculator to determine that .74 sessions would need to be used to pay for the sessions. If the number of transferred units is above the amount owned, it will default back to 0.
The service will be sold to the client and .74 sessions will be deducted from the 3 session massage package they had. The remaining .26 sessions stay on the client's account and can be used to pay for other services.
When a client has a few sessions or minutes left on a service