You must first have your printer installed and functioning in Windows. If the printer is not working in the Windows environment then SalonTouch will not be able to see it and use it. SalonTouch Software Support will install and support all printer hardware purchased directly through SalonTouch. Please consult with one of our sales professionals prior to purchasing any third party hardware. We do not support hardware that was not purchased directly through us or one of our licensed business partners.
- If the salon is planning on using a receipt printer and cash drawer, they must be setup before making a sale.
- Click on the Setup button at the top of the screen.
- Click Printer and Cash Drawer on the popup menu.
- Select the correct printer name from for the Report Printer, the Receipt Printer, and the Cash Drawer printer as needed. If any of these items will not be used then leave the field blank or select any default printers you have. Note you must have something selected for the Report Printer such as XPS printer or PDF printer otherwise you will not be able to generate Reports.
- If your printer has a cutter or the cash drawer is able to open by having the computer send a command, you will want to enter these commands by clicking Settings. These commands will be in Hexadecimal format. The most common commands are available from the drop downs. The exact command can be obtained from the printer manufacturer.
- You are also able to have options to only print receipts when the client wants it or to never print receipts.
If a single Cash Drawer is shared by multiple computers in a networked environment, you will need to tell SalonTouch to have the till shared between the computers. Click the check mark next to Cash Drawer is not attached and select the computer number than has the cash drawer physically attached to it.