You will usually see error messages popping up when the workstation fails to connect to the main/server PC. This is very indicative that SalonTouch on the workstation is not connecting to the main computer. In most cases, the problem can be resolved by taking the following steps:
1. Restart both the computers
2. Start SalonTouch on the main computer
3. Then start SalonTouch on the workstation and it should open up with no problems.
This can also be caused by Windows 10 updates that switch your network type from Private to Public. A Public network is automatically considered unsecured and will stop file and printer sharing. Information can be found on Microsoft's website on how to change back to a Private network. You may need to do these steps on all computers using SalonTouch in the salon.
- Wired Connection: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/change-network-from-public-to-private-in-windows/a9b07b7a-2b28-4a82-9e8a-155ee456e51a
- Wireless Connection: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking-winpc/change-wifi-network-to-private-from-public/0f8c61a1-7196-4374-8aa2-85c001af63fe
If this does not work please have your PC tech checkout the networking between the two computers and ensure that you can see the SalonTouch folders and any shared printers on the main computer from the workstation.
If the networking is OK then contact SalonTouch software support at 877-725-6686 for additional assistance