This is a generic Windows error messages that mean SalonTouch cannot connect to the database that runs behind it to store data.
- Wait a few minutes and try opening SalonTouch again. If you just restarted the PC, this should take care of it.
- If it still does not open, the database service may not be started. You can restart the service by performing the following step with a Windows administrator account:
- Click Start and type services.msc in the search bar.
- Click on services.msc in the start menu.
- Scroll down until you see the database server name. Most salons use "SQL Server (SALONTOUCH)".
- Right-click on it and select Start.
Try to open SalonTouch.
- If there was a power failure or the computer was turned off by pressing the power button, it is possible that the database files could have become damaged. For this you will want to contact our support department for assistance. It involves database work and may require a restore on the databases.
If these do not allow you to open SalonTouch, contact our support department at 877-725-6686 Option 3 for assistance with this.