Almost all timer issues are resolved by simply restarting the timer. If the software is no longer able to set beds, perform the following steps:
- Power down the timer for 60 seconds then power it back on. Try to set a bed from the software.
- Make sure that all cable and wiring is tight and snug on the Tmax timer. Also make sure that the connector going to the PC is set tightly on the PC serial port.
- Close SalonTouch or SunTouch and open it back up. Try to set a bed from the software.
- Close SalonTouch or SunTouch and restart the PC. Try to set a bed from the software.
With a USB to Serial Adapter, there is a small possibility that Windows will require SalonTouch to use a different way of talking to the serial port. This setting is located in the communications manager (commanager.exe) that SalonTouch uses to talk to the timer.
- Look for the small spinning globe in the Windows notification area. If you do not see it, you may have to click the click on the arrow to expand the notification area.
- Right-click on the globe and select Restore
- In the Window that appears, select Tracking.
- In the window that appears, place a check mark next to Use direct to USB communication.
- Click OK.
- Restart SalonTouch.
If these do not get the timer talking with the PC, you may need to change the Timer Settings in SalonTouch.
If you are unable to get communication started again, contact our support department at 877-725-6686 Option 3 for assistance with this.
If the T-Max Timer is not talking to the rooms, contact Applied Digital at 417-297-0361.