Setup SMTP email in SalonTouch 10
Modified on: Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 12:06 PM
- Click Setup.
- Click Salon on the left side.
- The salon will need information on what SMTP email server is being used to login and the login credentials to access the server. This information will come from the company hosting your email. If you are using a free email provider; you can do a search for the settings online, but many free email providers do not support or severely limited SMTP email to reduce spam. Read our article on Sending Email in SalonTouch 10 for more information.
- Email Address: This is the email address listed as the sender. It is should be the same as the Login ID.
- SMTP Server: This is the sending email server. This information will come from the company hosting your email.
- SMTP Port: This is the TCP port for the SMTP server. SalonTouch uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security (normally 465), and does not support the TLS port. This information will come from the company hosting your email.
- Login: This is the email that will be used to send. If it is your personal email, all email will come from this email. it is best to have a business class email with your own domain name (the part with the .com e.g. salontouch.com.
- Password: This is the password for the email used.
- Click Test and enter the client's email in the dialog box. If everything is entered correctly and their email provider will accept SMTP mail, they will receive the testing email.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.