SalonTouch will work on almost any Windows computer. However, the older software systems will lose functionality on newer operating systems. Our application software is not compatible with Apple products.
The table below indicates what supported operating systems for our software compatibility.
- YES indicates a supported operating system.
- NO indicates an operating system that the software will not function properly on.
- PARTIAL indicates some features will not work. These may include the wait list, appointment book, certain reports, and other items that use older technology that has been replaced in newer operating systems. SalonTouch does not support this operating system environment for the software, but end users can try to operate with reduced functionality.
Software Windows XP** Windows Vista Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows 10 SunTouch 2000 YES NO NO NO NO SunTouch Plus YES PARTIAL NO NO NO SalonTouch 1-3 YES YES NO NO NO SalonTouch 4-6* YES YES PARTIAL NO NO SalonTouch 7* YES YES YES NO NO SalonTouch 8 (Evolution)* YES YES YES YES YES SalonTouch 9 (Pearl) NO YES YES YES YES SalonTouch 10 NO YES YES YES YES
*SalonTouch Evolution fingerprint scanning systems are only available for 32-bit operating systems. SalonTouch Pearl fingerprint scanning systems will operate on both 32- and 64-bit operating systems.
**Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft, so it is strongly suggested to use a different operating system for salon operations.
You can find out the version of Windows you are running by:
- Clicking the Start button.
- Type winver in the Search box.
- Hit enter on the keyboard.
- A screen will be displayed similar to the one below: