When the connection to the timer drops thought the day, the most likely cause is there is a cabling problem. Most of the times it is just caused by loose wiring.
- Trace the cable back from the timer to the computer. It is normally best to start at the timer and work your way back to the computer.
- If there are any adapters, make sure they are tightly secured. If the adapters have a screw and lug mechanism, tighten the screws. This will help ensure that the cable do not come loose.
- If there is a USB to Serial adapter, the adapter may be having problems. They can be fairly delicate and can fail when subjected to stresses beyond their limitations.
- In the event that the a USB to Serial adapter is failing, another can be purchased to replace it. If the PC is a tower model, we do suggest that a PCI Express Serial card be put into the PC itself to eliminate the need for, and issues with, the adapter.
- If the timer is intermittently going to an off state from a ready state, restarting the timer may resolve this. If it does not, contact the hardware manufacturer for assistance.