Making a sale using a gift certificate works very similar to making any other sale in SalonTouch. The main difference is the use of a tracking number to determine the value of the gift certificate or gift card.
- Begin making a sale in SalonTouch Evolution as you normally would. Instructions on this can be found here.
- When you click Tender, you will be using the Gift Certificate button. There is no difference in the software between a gift card and a gift certificate. If the Gift Certificate button is not able to be clicked on, you will need to add it to the payment methods.
- If the salon is using Tracking numbers, the employee will enter it here. Tracking numbers allow SalonTouch to track the stored value on the card. Most salons use a gift card with a tracking number on the back that can be scanned with a bar code scanner.
- Click Find or press Enter on the keyboard.
- The current stored value will be displayed to the employee. Click OK.
- Enter the amount to be used from the gift certificate or click Balance Due. NOTE: If no tracking number is used, the steps to enter the tracking number and value display will be skipped.
- Click OK to tender the transaction.