You will usually see error messages popping up when the workstation fails to connect to the main/server PC. This is very indicative that SalonTouch on the workstation is not connecting to the main computer. In most cases, the problem can be resolved by taking the following steps:
1. Restart both the computers
2. Start SalonTouch on the main computer
3. Then start SalonTouch on the workstation and it should open up with no problems.
This can also be caused by Windows 10 updates that switch your network type from Private to Public.
A Public network is automatically considered unsecured and will stop file and printer sharing by default. Information can be found on Microsoft's website on how to change both a Wireless Network or Wired Network back to a Private network. You may need to do these steps on all computers using SalonTouch in the salon.
Windows 7 works similar to Windows 10. The same process is used for
If this does not work please have your PC tech checkout the networking between the two computers and ensure that you can see the SalonTouch folders and any shared printers on the main computer from the workstation.
Sometimes when Windows updates it will change the sharing settings to ask for a password. Thus it makes it so the workstation can't access the main/server on the network. To fix this you are going to want change the settings. You can change the setting via the following instructions.
- Locate a little monitor icon in the lower left corner of your screen.
- It may be hidden under a ^ you can just click it and find it.
- Right click on the little monitor icon and select 'Open Network & Internet Settings'
- You will then be presented with the setting windows that should look like this
- Select 'Network and Sharing Center'
- Select 'Change advanced sharing settings'
- Select 'All Networks' and you should see 'turn off password protected sharing'
If you don't see 'Turn off password protected sharing' it may be that you are on Windows 10 20H2 that seems to have removed it.
Windows 10 20H2 Update
You are going to want to just type the username/password combination for the main computer into the workstation by going to the network page of your Windows File Explorer.
If the networking is OK then contact SalonTouch software support at 877-725-6686 for additional assistance