The WorldPay MX915 uses a payment API called TriPOS and a Unified Driver. You download the latest version of TriPOS and Unified Drivers. You can save these files anywhere on your computer but might be helpful saving them into the c:\salontouch\support\ directory for organizational purposes. Then do the following.
TriPOS Listening Service Setup
Install version 5.XX TriPOS Setup.exe (Requires .net framework 4.5)
- Unzip both files you downloaded above.
- Navigate to the c:\salontouch\support\triPOS 5.16 SDK\ folder (or wherever you saved it too)
- Right click on the triPOS Setup.exe and select Run as administrator.
- Agree to the license terms and click Install.
- Click Next.
- Enter the following information:
- The three items you need from accessmyiq.com are as follows:
- Click Self Service on the left.
- Select the merchantID for the salon and click Search.
- Client Express Credentials.
- Copy the information from the 3 columns into SalonTouch.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish.
Install The Device Driver Software
- For 64-bit PCs navigate to c:\SalonTouch\Support\UnifiedDriver_5_0_0_6\64\VVerifoneUnifiedDriverInstaller.msi
- For 32-bit PCs navigate to c:\SalonTouch\Support\UnifiedDriver_5_0_0_6\32\VerifoneUnifiedDriverInstaller.msi
- The Name of the folder may be different than the one above. The unifiedDriver folder may have different numbers if the version number has changed.
- Install Device Driver:
- Click Next
- Leave the information alone. The Verifone defaults to COM9 when it is installed. Only times it would need to be changed is when the .
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish.
- Validate the COM (Communications) port by going into the Windows Control Panel to the Devices and Printers.
Update the triPOS Config File
Make sure you carefully review all the settings within the triPOS.config file. Each field impacts the cardholder experience and how transactions process through the Point of Sale software. It is recommended to edit the tripos.config file that gets installed with triPOS since it's the one that will work with that version. You can download something like Visual Studio Code to edit a little better then Notepad.
When selecting the <driver> in the config file the following corresponds to the correct chip reader
- Verifone MX 915 Chip Reader: VerifoneFormAgentXpi
- Verifone VX 805 Chip Reader: VeriFoneCXpi
<!–Driver values can be: Null, VeriFoneXpi, VeriFoneCXpi, VerifoneFormAgentXpi, IngenicoRba.–>
Update the following information. You can do a search for ChangeMe and that will find everything that needs to be changed for the client installation. The <acceptorId> element will have ChangeMe replaced with their with the Merchant ID.
<!--Your Express Acceptor ID which is also your Merchant ID.--> <acceptorId>ChangeMe</acceptorId>
The <accountId> element will have ChangeMe replaced with their with the Account ID.
<!--Your Express Account ID.--> <accountId>ChangeMe</accountId>
The <accountToken> element will have ChangeMe replaced with their with the Account token which is the long hexadecimal string from the Worldpay portal.
<!--Your Express Account Token.--> <accountToken>ChangeMe</accountToken>
The <pinPadIdleMessage> element will have ChangeMe replaced with their with the Salon's name e.g. Welcome to Interactive Designs Inc. There is a limit of 32 characters for this message.
<!--Message to display on the PIN pad when it is idle--> <pinPadIdleMessage>Welcome to CHANGEME</pinPadIdleMessage>
The <comPort> element will have ChangeMe replaced with the communication port (COM Port) for the ingenico device. It can be found in Devices and Printers or the Windows Device Manager.
<!--If the PIN pad is not connected via IP, name of serial device to which the PIN pad is attached (e.g. COM1, /dev/tty1, etc).--> <comPort>COMChangeMe</comPort>
The <message> element will have ChangeMe replaced with their with the Salon's name e.g. Welcome to Interactive Designs Inc. There is a limit of 32 characters for this message.
<!--Message to display on the PIN pad when it is idle--> <message>Welcome To ChangeMe!</message>
Validate Lane/Device Configurations The following configurations must be completed for each terminal using a triPOS device:
- Lane ID ‐ This is the lane to which the triPOS device is assigned. This must be unique per terminal. Each terminal with an EMV device attached has a specific Lane ID which will be used to identify from which terminal an EMV transaction was executed.
- Search for <serialLane description=“Counter 1” laneId=“1”>
- This information will be used for SalonTouch to connect to the triPOS service.
IMPORTANT: If you have multiple devices in a triPOS.config file, make sure to use the same terminalId or each device will have a separate batch.
- Example: Terminal 1 will use terminalId “0001”, Terminal 2 will use terminalId “0002”.
- Example: Terminal 1 will use Lane ID 1, Terminal 2 will use Lane ID 2.
- Terminal ID ‐ The Terminal ID will be the same as the Merchant number that is emailed to the merchant when they board the account.
- TerminalID is used so that each terminal batches out on a separate batch settlement. The default terminalID is 0001. If they are all the same, it will batch on the same settlement report.
- Validate triPOS is Ready! To validate that triPOS is successfully installed, go to http://localhost:8080/api/help on the workstation with triPOS Installed. If triPOS is installed you will be able to see the Version on this page in addition to accessing the Swagger Documentation and Release
- • Notes. (8080 here is specific to the port you have assigned to the chip reader.) We should not be changing the listening port on any install at this time.
- Go to Windows Services and validate that you have the triPOS.NET service running.
Activate WorldPay in SalonTouch
Child Elements that are Changed
THESE ARE LISTED HERE TO EASILY SHOW WHAT HAS CHANGED FROM THE CONFIG FILE THAT INSTALLS WITH THE TRIPOS SOFTWARE. USING THE DEFAULT SALONTOUCH FILE ABOVE THESE SHOULD NOT NEED TO BE CHANGED.
Update: 1/29/2021 - It appears that so much has changed that you should just edit the file that installs with triPOS API
Change the <developerKey> and <developerSecret> tags to the values listed below. A random key and secret are created so you must search by <developerKey> and <developerSecret>.
<developerSecret>c8112892-7efe-4b44-ad28-cdae1b663434</developerSecret> Set Test environment <testMode> to False:
Search for <testMode>true</testMode> Update to <testMode>false</testMode> Set EMV enabled:
Search for <isEmvSupported>false</isEmvSupported> Update to <isEmvSupported>true</isEmvSupported> Ask if they want to do contactless entry:
Search for <isContactlessMsdEntryAllowed>false</isContactlessMsdEntryAllowed> Update to <isContactlessMsdEntryAllowed>true</isContactlessMsdEntryAllowed> Set Baudrate:
Search for <baudRate>57600</baudRate> Update to <baudRate>115200</baudRate> Change the company name on the display:
Search for <pinPadIdleMessage>Welcome to Your Company</pinPadIdleMessage> Change Your Company to the salon's name e.g.: <pinPadIdleMessage>Welcome to Jake's Upstairs Salon</pinPadIdleMessage> Set COM Port. This is only for the 1st lane. Do not duplicate it or neither lane will work.:
Search for <comPort>COM9999</comPort> Update to the comport that the device says e.g.: <driver>COM9</driver> Change the company name on the display when idle. (This may be duplicated as comment indicates it is idle.):
Search for <message>Welcome To Your Company</message> Change Your Company to the salon's name e.g.: <pinPadIdleMessage>Welcome to Jake's Upstairs Salon</pinPadIdleMessage>
PLEASE MAKE SURE PARTIAL APPROVALS IS SET TO FALSE!!!!!!!!!
(Please note that SalonTouch 10.2.29 should update Partial Approvals by itself.)
<!–allowPartialApprovals: If set to true, partial approvals are allowed.–>