SalonTouch Software Support covers the following items:
- Installation of SalonTouch or Hosted SalonTouch software.
- Installation of Microsoft SQL Database Server associated with the software.
- Limited training for the operation of SalonTouch or Hosted SalonTouch software. Please note that training sessions are limited to 30 minutes. Appointments must be reserved in advance to receive training. To get the most out of each training session, the user is expected to have read the manual, watched the training videos and used the software. The user should have a prepared list of questions ready for when the training sessions begin. A maximum of 3 training sessions are provided free of charge and cannot be combined with other training sessions. Additional training sessions are available for a fee. SalonTouch Evolution Training videos can be found here. SalonTouch 10 Training videos can be found here.
- Issues and questions directly relating to SalonTouch or Hosted SalonTouch (does not include issues arising from or relating to Third-Party Software, operating systems, or hardware unless the hardware was purchased through Interactive Designs, Inc. (“IDI”).
- Installation of hardware drivers and activation of associated software modules in SalonTouch or Hosted SalonTouch for hardware purchased through us.
- Selection of printers within SalonTouch. All printers must be installed and functioning in Windows prior to selection in SalonTouch.
- Addition of software exclusions for Anti-virus and firewall programs that will allow SalonTouch to function.
SalonTouch Software Support DOES NOT cover the following items:
- We do not setup, configure, modify or update the software for any of your services, products, rooms, employees, clients, forms, etc. Please note that this type of work is beyond the scope of support. It is expected that the user know how to setup, configure and use the software in order to take advantage of all the many features. The most effective way to successfully maintain and grow your business using our software is to know how to use it.
- Software support for Third-Party Software.
- Windows networking, printer setup, etc. The user is responsible for ensuring their business network is working properly. This includes, if using more than one computer, that each computer can see each other across the network, you are able to copy files from one computer to another and all computers can print a basic text file to the printer (not receipt printer). If connecting a database timer, the computer to which the timer is connected must be functioning. You can test this with the software provided by the database timer manufacturer.
- Support for hardware not purchased through IDI.
- Drive space issues outside of the SalonTouch and Database Server folder locations.
- Timer installation, configuration, and troubleshooting. IDI’s responsibility for the timer communication stops at the computer’s communication port.
- Custom work on database information including the following:
1. Setup of SalonTouch Products, Services, clients, and other information deemed not to be a “training function”.
2. Data deletions.
3. Manipulation of data outside the SalonTouch interface.
- Custom work: Support service for custom work are available on a "time and materials" basis. This means you will be charged an hourly rate with a 1 hour minimum, plus any materials fees.
- Windows Operating System troubleshooting and support. This includes, but is not limited to,: user account creation and management, Operating System updates, Active Directory/Domain management, and virus removal.
- Advanced networking issues that affect computer connectivity. This includes but are not limited to: router configuration, subnet configuration, remote computer access, Virtual Private Networks, firewall or anti-virus security management, Internet connectivity, Windows Domain management, or password management.
- All support rendered outside of IDI’s normal business hours and/or not included within the scope of Software Support shall be billed and paid at Interactive Designs Inc.’s then-prevailing fees applicable to such services.
After-hours support: IDI provides fee-based support for emergency weekend support work. Weekend support hours can be found here.
Holiday hours: IDI observes holidays each calendar year and is closed. No support will provided on these days although emergency support may be provided should the company choose to offer this service with a fee. Our closing days can be found here.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article