Many times you may want to use a "membership card" to automatically apply a discount. For example, you may want to give a membership card to certain clients that entitles them to 20% off products and/or services.
Below is a quick and easy way to set this up:
- Add a new tanning service called "VIP Membership Card" or whatever name you want. Type this name in the Name 1 field (Service Group in Evolution).
- Enter in "Gold Discount 20%" or whatever you may like in the Name 2 field (Sub Group in Evolution).
- Set type as "Unlimited"
- Set Expiration Date if any and other options as necessary.
- On the Pricing (Dollars tab in Evolution) tab enter a price to be charged ($0.00 if no price) and the Price Starts date.
- Enter the Membership Product Discount and Membership Service Discount %`s.
- Save it (no surcharges necessary)
- You will want to mark all the products and/or services that you want to have a discount on have "Allow Membership Discounts" checked in their pricing.
- Go to the register and sell the "Membership Discount"
service to the client.
Once this package is sold, it will be in the client's profile. From henceforth, the client will now be able to get their membership discounts on applicable products and services.
When you go to the register and select this client it will show the discount message asking if you want to and give the appropriate discounts for the services/products. Clicking Yes will apply the discount to any item that has a check to apply discounts. Clicking No will not give the discount.