Setting up Gift Certificates or Gift Cards is fairly simple. Follow these steps:
Go to Setup --> Register --> Payment Keys
Make sure that "Gift Certificates" is check marked and selected.
Select "Require Tracking". This will allow a tracking number to be assigned to the gift card to it can be reloaded. You are not required to track the numbers, but for security purposes, it is strongly suggested.
To sell the gift certificate follow these steps:
Go to the Register, select the client and click on Other Items --> Purchase Gift Certificate
- Enter the amount of the gift certificate and click OK
Enter the Tracking Number and then click OK
- Enter the name of the person for whom the gift certificate is being purchased
- Click Back and Tender and complete the transaction as usual.
You can also manually edit the values of gift cards.
- Click on Setup
- Click Register
Click the Gift Certificates button under the View section.
In the window that appears, you will have all the information for the gift certificates listed. If you know the tracking number, you can search for the number in the field next to Find. Information in blue can be edited in this window.
- You can alter the information and click Save to update the information.
- You are also able to DELETE a Gift Certificate by click the check mark next to the Delete column and click Save.
- Once you are finished with you changes click Cancel to exit the window.