SalonTouch will allow you can to control many aspects of the software‟s security features. You can control where you want require security as well as which employees will have access to those areas. To change or specify when the Security Pad popup appears (asking for an employee name and password) follow the next procedure. The Security Pad can be set to popup at most any point during the program.
A Security Profile gives SalonTouch users access to particular areas of the program and grants users specific rights based on job function. For instance a security profile named “Manager” or “Owner” might have full rights and full access to all of SalonTouch. A security profile named “Employee” or “Cashier” might have restricted rights and might not be able to access all areas of the program.
To create a new Security Profile:
- Click on the Setup button at the top of the screen.
- Click Add on the left navigation pane.
- A window will appear with the list of security profiles already created. Select Blank Template or another security profile to use as a template. The template will use all of the current security settings of the template. Using a template is especially helpful and time saving when creating a new profile that is very similar to an existing profile.
- For Hosted clients with multiple locations, they can select Make the new profile a Global Security Profile to have this security profile available at all locations.
- Click OK.
- A new profile will be added. At the top, give the security profile a Name and a Level.
The Level is not the amount of access the profiles has, it is for determining what profile is able to change another profile security. This is used when multiple job functions can update employee passwords and security profiles.
- The first column contains a description of the security section and the security section code. This code is listed at the bottom left of the security pad:
- The second column is labeled Require Access. This controls whether or not a password is required to access a section. It is not advised to have these marked as False.
- The third column is labeled Require Finger print. This control whether or not a fingerprint scan is required for employee access to a section. It is only used with our optional fingerprint scanning device.
- The next series of columns are the security profile's access to the security section. A True means that security profile has access to the section. A False means that security profiles does not have access to the section.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the screen.
The security profile Level is used in situations where both an Owner and a Manager may have access to modify an employee's profile, but you do not want to allow the manager to change the owner's employee profile.
In order to modify an employee profile, the security profile must first have access to the employee setup section (E17). security profile to change it. Whoever is assigned to a profile that has a higher security level will be able to modify anybody assigned to a profile with a lower security level.
Let's say for example that the security levels and access rights are set as follows and everybody is allowed to edit the employee information.
|Profile Name||Level||Employees’ Information They Can Change|
|Manager||75||Manager and Employee Only|
The security levels can be any number you want to assign but keep in mind that the higher levels have access over the lower levels.